Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Helpful Joe

Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2) was held April 25-27 at McCormick Place in Chicago. While I couldn't make it to the convention, To Touch the Sun still managed to be represented at the con thanks to one Joe Cirignani.

Joe is a page at the Park Ridge Library. He's also studying at the Second City Training Center. And he's one of the sweetest guys out there. Sometimes I believe he'd take a bullet for you.

Okay, maybe not take a bullet...but if you ask him to help you and he can, he will without hesitation. Knowing that he was going to the convention, and hoping to get the word out about my novel where I ever I could, I asked him to put out some lobby cards for me at the tables of free stuff that can usually be found at these conventions.

I also asked him to participate in some viral marketing by wearing a T-shirt with the book cover on the front of it. And he did. That he was willing to act as a walking billboard at a convention for my novel shows how willing he is to help out (of course he did get a free T-shirt out of it).

So salute to Joey C.: Proof positive that there are some great people out there.
Joe Cirignani giving a vampire snarl at C2E2.
All he needs are the fangs
Next stop: Printer's Row Lit Fest. The fest is held in Printer's row around Dearborn Street from Congress to Polk Streets in Chicago. I'll be selling and signing books from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday, June 8 as part of the Chicago Writers Association's tent. I can but hope that the weather will not be too hot, but giving the way May has been turning out, I might not be so fortunate. Still, it will be exciting. This is the first time I've taken part in Printer's Row Lit Fest so it will be an experience. I'll of course have copies of To Touch the Sun on hand, but I'll also have copies of Chicago's Most Wanted and Vampires' Most Wanted. 


  
If you're in the area, stop by and say "hi".

No comments:

Post a Comment